This week has been emotionally tough. The situation at work has gotten to me more than I would like (unsupportive manager). Logically, I know that it’s not the problem but the way I think about the problem that causes my emotions to arise. As a consequence it’s been a bit difficult to think of ten things this week as my mind is all a drift, but I’ve come up with as many as I can.
1. I am grateful for the photograph below. Alan and I went walking with Cookie last weekend. It was a beautiful day but windy as we were up high. Cookie had no concept of ‘edges’ so it was a good job we have to keep her on a lead. I love her face in this photograph; it’s as though she’s taking it all in her stride 🙂
2. I made an effort to take care of myself this week and had my first ever Reiki. session It was very relaxing and I’d definitely go back. The lady suggested I do some chakra clearing meditations and said that there were plenty of these on Youtube.
3. The lady who did my Reiki session was also on the same counsellor training that I completed to work in a local rape crisis centre. We hadn’t seen each other in years but it was like no time had passed. She’s a beautiful soul. She even gave me a free crystal to help with developing my spirituality which was really kind of her.
4. I’m grateful to the power of the mind to bring about dreams. I had a dream of my father last night. He passed away when I was 13 and I miss him every day. I’ve not dreamed of him in quite a while and it was nice to be with him again.
5. The new dose of tablets that Charlie was put on made him sick, so the vet discontinued them. We’re now at a stage where I think our options have run out. As long as I can make him comfortable in whatever time he has left (which could be months or years) then I’ll be happy. I’m grateful to have Charlie in the here and now and will make sure I enjoy his company without dwelling on the future.
6. I am thankful for Alan who supports me in everything I do. I was unsure how he’d react to me going to Reiki but he was fully supportive and was eager to know how it had gone when he got home!
7. I’m thankful to Alan for taking me out for a belated birthday meal yesterday. We had some good food and afterwards went for a walk around a local wildlife centre.
I’ve struggled this week but I think coming up with 7 things was a good effort!
If you want to join the Ten Things of Thankful linkup just click the image at the top of the post and submit your entry 🙂