1. I went to see the physicist Brian Cox at a live show with a friend. I can’t even begin to explain the different concepts that he talked about. It’s amazing to think of how tiny we, and planet Earth, are in relation to the rest of the universe. I came away with more questions than answers but I guess that’s the whole point!
2. Since seeing the show it’s given me much more of an appreciation of our world and the need to know more. I sense my pile of unread books will get bigger! Whilst I’ve been out this weekend I’ve been much more aware of the fact that we’re living on a gigantic rock floating in space. How amazing is that?!
3. I managed to finish transcribing some of my data this week and have started on the other one. The next step will be to start analysing for themes, which is my favourite bit 🙂
4. I was thankful for a cloudy/rainy day on Saturday which was the perfect excuse to curl up with snacks and watch some TV programmes!
5. We found a new place to go walking on Sunday and it was sunny. Cookie met lots of other dogs so she was happy.
6. After walking round we talked about going somewhere for some lunch, but instead came up with the idea of buying some nice food and going back and sitting in the garden with it which was much nicer.
7. Charlie joined us in the garden and spent a while sunbathing, then moved to the shade to cool down, and finally settled on my lap. It’s nice to see him so content.
8. It’s only about four weeks until we go away on holiday. I can’t wait; we’re staying near the coast and it’ll be nice for both of us to have some downtime.
9. I not long ago realised that it’s only a few weeks until Alan and I have been married for a year! We got married on 8th June in Las Vegas and it was amazing. We’ve been together for seven years in total so neither of us really noticed much difference when we tied the knot to be honest!
10. I look back on the time that Alan and I have been together and he has always been so supportive of everything I’ve done. He has never tried to deter me from pursuing the things I want to pursue, and I’m hugely grateful for that.
If you’d like to join the Ten Things of Thankful linkup then click the image at the top of this post and submit your entry 🙂